Portrait



















Reflection-
I was really excited about this project. I came up with the idea of taking portraits of my friends as I told them a joke to try to catch their genuine reaction to my joke. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't really think that idea was as tangible as I thought, so I changed it to insulting them. Every one of my final pictures is their initial reaction to me saying they have a big zit on their face. I like the way this turned out and it was a really fun project, but almost all of them were not offended. I wish I had the guts to do this to strangers to get more of a genuine reaction. I tried to use very similar lighting, and manipulated the background in Lightroom so that they looked as similar as possible. The idea was to isolate their emotion. This is also why I made them black and white as well. Overall, I am very proud of my product and I definitely think this is a step up from my last project.

Comments